Here are some participants’ comments:
- I understand that moment when the penny drops. Something comes along and makes you smile inwardly
- There’s a lot of truth in what Prem said about not knowing when you’re in a dark place. And then the light comes on
- Everything Prem said resonates with me on a personal and professional level.
Some more comments:
- It’s a beautiful day but you have to be able to see it
- Life is not about pain and suffering
- It’s a relentless choice every day
- I wish I had found this a long time ago
- The PEP was great, I really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to the forthcoming sessions.
Project Manager Lorraine explained to Peace Partners how the library PEP came together.
Lorraine teaches a weekly yoga class at the library, donating all yoga payments to LFE Community Library funds. During a meeting with the chairperson of the trustees, Lorraine explained about the peace education programme and asked if the library would like to run a PEP, a proposal went before the trustees and it was agreed. Soon a team of 6 of us were running a 10 week PEP course, Suki and Peter took turns to facilitate, John with expertise in audio visual, Sylvia note taking and refreshments, Jackie helped with contacts and preliminary preparations. Everyone who participated or helped, enjoyed it immensely. This PEP came together with a feeling of ease, goodwill and grace. The whole team was honoured to be a part of it and the joy of running it is a lasting memory.
For enquiries about a forthcoming Leicester PEP please email: email@example.com.